Introduction to Clinical Research Summer Course
Course Dates: Monday, July 13 – Friday, July 17, 2020
This course will now be held online
The course may be canceled if registration limits are not met.
REGISTER NOW THROUGH FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2020
DANIEL E. FORD, MD, MPH
Vice Dean for Clinical Investigation
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Karen Bandeen-Roche, PhD, MS
Hurley Dorrier Professor & Chair in Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Karla McCarthy, MA
Academic Program Manager
Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
Training, Education, and Career Development Programs
Visit the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health course catalog for more information.
Non-credit registration – $1,197 total
For credit registration – $2,394 total (per credit $1,197)
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Prior submission of an abstract for a research project will be required. All registered students will receive instructions prior to the beginning of the course.
- Hulley SB, Cummings SR, Browner WS, Grady DG, Newman TB. (2013). Designing Clinical Research: 4th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. (ISBN: 1608318044)
- Dawson B and Trapp RG. (2004). Basic and Clinical Biostatistics: 4th edition. McGraw-Hill. (ISBN: 0-07-141017-1)
- Non-Credit Professional Development for all non-degree students.
- Degree seeking students already enrolled at the Bloomberg School of Public Health may register for credit.
- School of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellows are required to register interdivisionally for credit.
Laptop Required. The course will require a laptop or computer and internet connection. Course materials and homework exercises will be provided electronically via CoursePlus. Student evaluations are based on paired pre- and post-test of knowledge base.