Course will be offered in a hybrid format.
Course Dates: July 17-21, 2023
Register April 3- June 30
Daniel E. Ford, MD, MPH
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Karen Bandeen-Roche, PhD, MS
Hurley Dorrier Professor & Chair in Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Karla McCarthy, MA
Academic Training Project Administrator
Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
Training, Education, and Career Development Programs
Visit the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health course catalog for more information. Course Number: PH.390.750.
How to Register
All students must be registered for this course by July 5th due to the perquisite requirement.
Registration closes June 30th for all JHU and non-JHU affiliates registering for credit and for non-credit.
New JHU fellows can use the add/drop period to register by July 5th.
Non-credit registration – $1,321 total
For credit registration – $2,645 total (per credit $1,321)
Location to be determined. Most lectures will be via Zoom with small in person groups anticipated.
Hybrid options will be available for online students or students from outside of Maryland to allow the to participate in all lectures and small groups.
CoursePlus opens July 11th – students will have access to pre-recorded lectures.
Abstracts are due July 7th via CoursePlus.
Pre-Test Requirement must be completed by July 10th via CoursePlus – instructions will be provided.
Weeklong intensive course, July 17-21.
Prior submission of an abstract for a research project will be required. Students will receive complete instructions after they register.
The abstract requirement for 2023 will be due no later than July 7th via CoursePlus.
Students will be required to watch a series of pre-recorded lectures in preparation for the “live” lectures during the weeklong intense course.
- Hulley SB, Cummings SR, Browner WS, Grady DG, Newman TB. (2013). Designing Clinical Research: 4th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. (ISBN: 1608318044)
- Dawson B and Trapp RG. (2004). Basic and Clinical Biostatistics: 4th edition. McGraw-Hill. (ISBN: 0-07-141017-1)
- Non-Credit Professional Development for all non-degree students.
- Degree seeking students already enrolled at the Bloomberg School of Public Health register for credit.
- School of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellows can register for credit or non-credit.
Laptops are mandatory. The course will require a reliable internet connection. Course materials and homework exercises will be provided electronically via CoursePlus. Student evaluations are based on paired pre- and post-test of knowledge base.
*Fees for 2023 are subject to change.