Application Deadline: Monday, March 11, 2024 | 5:00 pm EST
Request for Applications
The milestone driven Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Program provides awards ranging in size from $25,000 to $50,000 in direct costs over twelve months for faculty conducting translational research projects. Morgan State University, University of Maryland, and Johns Hopkins University faculty members are eligible to apply.
Proposals submitted for consideration MUST satisfy the following requirements:
- Focus on secondary data analysis of existing datasets to explore new approaches in one of the following areas:
- Integrating “omics” and clinical data
- Integrating imaging and clinical data
- Drug discovery and development
- Emphasize how the project can help other research teams better understand and more successfully manage the process of integration of data (not necessarily the analysis of the data)
Overall, these projects are intended to: (1) explore possible innovative new leads or new directions for established investigators; (2) stimulate investigators from other areas to lend their expertise in research in clinical and translational science and (3) provide initial support to establish proof of concept.
Proposals given additional consideration will include those which:
- Enhance diversity in the translational research pipeline; addresses health inequities, and/or the social determinants of health.
- Contribute towards improving the health in the state of Maryland across all communities.
The RFA, program FAQ, instructions and all required templates are below:
- Budget Template
- ATIP FAQs
- Project Readiness Checklist
- Project Schedule Template
- NIH Biosketch Template
PLEASE NOTE: If selected for funding, applicants whose pilots involve human subjects research must first obtain the appropriate regulatory approvals, including submission of a Request for Prior Approval to NCATS, before being permitted to access their grant funds and begin working.
The funding period will not be extended to accommodate delays in securing any required approvals. The ICTR Research Navigators will provide guidance and support to teams throughout this process. Please see Appendix 9- Common Regulatory Approvals and Requirements Associated with ATIP Supported Studies section of this RFA for additional information.
Please review the RFA for a complete description of the funding requirements for this program.
For questions and more information, email the Navigators at [email protected].