1849 Gwynn Oak Avenue, Suite 1
Baltimore, MD 21207
ProHealth is a community-based, participant-friendly clinical research unit that is a major resource for Hopkins investigators. Types of studies include observational studies and clinical trials that test lifestyle and pharmacologic interventions. It has an exceptional record of enrolling and retaining a diverse cadre of study participants. The facility is located near the Beltway, Route 40 and Route 70 in West Baltimore, and therefore is convenient for individuals from Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and Howard County. It is well-suited for conducting studies, small to large with 100’s of participants, that require multiple visits during enrollment and follow-up. While most studies to date have been NIH-supported, the facility is well-suited for other types of studies. The facility now uses iLab to facilitate billing for space and services.
- ~15,000 sq ft of space, including offices (private, semi-private), exam rooms, phlebotomy station, procedure room, meeting rooms, staff lounge, and metabolic kitchen
- Equipment including four -70 freezers, refrigerated centrifuges, and computer services maintained by Hopkins, including WiFi
- Exceptional track record of recruiting and retaining diverse study participants
- Free parking for participants and staff
- Off-campus indirect cost rate and hence, less expensive relative to on-campus facilities