NIH Summer Course in Clinical and Translational Research July 6- 17
Posted by: cwill137 on: March 9, 2020 | Print This Page
The NIH Summer Course in Clinical and Translational Research is a FREE two-week intensive introductory course offered by the NIH Office of Clinical Research in Bethesda, Maryland. The purpose of the course is to demonstrate the role of PhD scientists in clinical and translational research, provide an overview and examples of how basic science and clinical observations lead to translational research, and increase awareness and access to PhD role models, research resources, and potential career opportunities at the NIH.
The course will provide a foundation in key areas of clinical and translational research. Overarching topics are listed below:
- Study Design (Statistics and Critical Review)
- Protocol Development and Implementation
- Scientific and Ethical Review of Research
- Special Topics in Training and Research Opportunities
- Medical Product Development and FDA Regulations
- Implementing Lessons Learned
For more information and to apply, visit https://ocr.od.nih.gov/courses/ctrcs.html.