Job Announcement- Research Program Manager
Posted by: cwill137 on: April 28, 2020 | Print This Page
Johns Hopkins Community Physicians is looking for an experienced Research Program Manager at our Mt. Washington administrative office in Baltimore, Maryland. The Research Program Manager reports to the Director of Research (or acting).
- Interfaces effectively with senior clinical and operational leaders of JHCP to enhance the organization’s ability to leverage data science and advance strategic objectives.
- Manages oversight of research and external performance improvement activities for the JHCP Research Department, including the JHCP Research and Projects Committee (RPC) and the JHCP Executive Research Committee.
- Oversees the pre-award, post-award and closeout activities for all types of sponsored and non-sponsored grant, contracts and projects.
- Manages a staff of one or more professional and para-professional level positions.
- Serves as first point of contact and resource guide for JHCP leaders, clinicians, budget/financial contacts, and works closely to support research collaborators in the Johns Hopkins Schools of Medicine, Public Health and Nursing, as well as outside of the institution.
- Develops and refines internal protocols and processes relevant to the research approval and tracking process within JHCP.
- Maintains a working understanding of the regulations for the management of federal grants (e.g. NIH) and contracts, as well as foundations (e.g. PCORI).
- Has a working understanding of the pre-award process to support grant and contract submissions (e.g. budget, letters of support, biosketches) and meet deadlines.
- Thinks strategically and has the ability to leverage analysis and measurement and potentially apply to operational aspects of the organization.
Location: 6225 Smith Ave., Baltimore, MD 21209
Shift: Exempt – Full-time – Day shift 40 hours per week
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required, Master’s preferred. Clinical background preferred.
Work Experience: Require 5 or more years of related experience in sponsored research and/or financial positions, preferably in an academic or medical setting. Experience working in a lead or supervisory capacity with supervisory responsibilities or high-level, direct involvement in grants and contracts leadership development training programs, serving as a recognized subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates knowledge-based understanding of the JHCP RPC and JH IRB review processes
- Has thorough knowledge of research and administrative procedures and ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Knows and understands sponsor (e.g. NIH), Health System and University policies for grant finance.
- Remains informed and up-to-date concerning events, regulations and changes that affect sponsored projects.
- Interprets guidelines and assist in applying them to specific applications, awards and issues.
- Has experience in creating, monitoring and reconciling budgets, grant writing and sponsored and non-sponsored grant/contract administration.
- Has working knowledge of costs and accounting for services centers. Knowledge of accounting and budgeting theory and practices required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of The Johns Hopkins University and Health System accounting system and related fiscal offices (preferred) or ability to attain this knowledge (required).
- Working Knowledge of Excel for budgeting, Outlook and Word. Ability to learn RedCap for project management.
- Knowledge of JHU on-line systems for budgets, purchasing and accounting (preferred).
- Has experience with preparation, submission, or conduct of human subjects research studies required.