- This event has passed.
Clinical Research Scholars (KL2) Program Visiting Professorship Seminar
January 27 @ 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Matthew A. Warner, MD, is an anesthesiologist and critical care physician at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
His clinical focus includes:
- Leading multidisciplinary care teams in the management of critically ill patients, with an emphasis on postoperative management following cardiovascular and thoracic surgery.
- Providing anesthetic care for patients requiring liver transplantation and for those undergoing thoracic, orthopedic trauma, major spine, and vascular surgery.
- Directing transfusion utilization and patient blood management efforts throughout the Mayo Clinic enterprise, including preoperative anemia management and bloodless surgery.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Warner is the Chair of the Mayo Clinic Blood Management committee, Director of the Mayo Clinic Preoperative Anemia Program, Director of the Mayo Clinic Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Program, and Co-Director of the Mayo Clinic Patient Blood Management program. He serves on the Patient Blood Management Committee of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and maintains leadership positions in the Society of Critical Care Anesthesiologists and the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management.
Dr. Warner is highly active in research and medical education. He authors expert content and publishes in high-impact scientific journals. His research interests include:
- Optimizing blood transfusion practices in procedural, surgical, and intensive care environments.
- Evaluating the role of anemia in functional recovery and long-term outcomes after acute illness, including surgery and critical illness.
- Assessing bleeding risk with anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy in surgical patients and those with critical illness.
Dr. Warner is participating in a CTSA Visiting Professorship Program across KL2 institutional hubs to provide an opportunity for KL2 scholars to give lectures at participating institutions with the goal of enhancing trainee experience, sharing science across disciplines, networking, and encouraging new team science collaborations. Dr. Warner is a KL2 scholar with the Mayo Clinic KL2 program.
For questions, please contact Karla McCarthy at email@example.com.