Introduction to Clinical Research Summer Course
2021 Course Dates: July 6 – 16, 2021
(Course Will be Completely Online)
2021 REGISTRATION CLOSED
Daniel E. Ford, MD, MPH
Vice Dean for Clinical Investigation
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Karen Bandeen-Roche, PhD, MS
Hurley Dorrier Professor & Chair in Biostatistics
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Karla McCarthy, MA
Academic Program Manager
Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
Training, Education, and Career Development Programs
Visit the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health course catalog for more information.
How to Register
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THIS COURSE BY JULY 1 DUE TO PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENT
Registration closes June 25, 2021 (check course catalog for add/drop period).
Non-credit registration – $1,233 total
For credit registration – $2,466 total (per credit $1,233)
Intro to Clinical Research Course Schedule 2021 (pdf)
Wednesday, July 7
9 – 10am- “Live” Zoom Introduction
Wednesday, July 7 – Sunday, July 11
Online Asynchronous Requirements via CoursePlus
Monday, July 12 – Friday, July 16
“Live” Sessions via Zoom
Prior submission of an abstract for a research project will be required. Students will receive complete instructions after they register.
The abstract requirement for 2021 will be due no later than July 6, 2021 via CoursePlus.
- Hulley SB, Cummings SR, Browner WS, Grady DG, Newman TB. (2013). Designing Clinical Research: 4th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. (ISBN: 1608318044)
- Dawson B and Trapp RG. (2004). Basic and Clinical Biostatistics: 4th edition. McGraw-Hill. (ISBN: 0-07-141017-1)
- Non-Credit Professional Development for all non-degree students.
- Degree seeking students already enrolled at the Bloomberg School of Public Health register for credit.
- School of Medicine Postdoctoral Fellows can register for credit or non-credit.
Laptop Required. The course will require a laptop or computer and internet connection. Course materials and homework exercises will be provided electronically via CoursePlus. Student evaluations are based on paired pre- and post-test of knowledge base.