Service Request: OpenSpecimen
OpenSpecimen (formerly caTissue) is a bio-bank management tool used to collect, manage, process, annotate and distribute bio-specimens and associated data to selected users. At Johns Hopkins, OpenSpecimen is currently being used in Gastroenterology, Cardiology and Oncology.
OpenSpecimen offers a comprehensive feature set, including:
- Biospecimen collection, inventory, and tracking
- Ability to track specimen events (thaws, spins, etc.)
- Customizable support for storage containers (i.e. freezers, shelves, racks, boxes, position)
- User-definable forms for patient, collection event, and specimen annotations
- Flexible specimen ordering and distribution workflows
- Graphical custom report builder
- Integrated bulk loading capabilities for existing data
- Support for multiple biorepositories and locations
If interested in using OpenSpecimen at Johns Hopkins, please contact Pam Murray and join the Prospective OpenSpecimen Users Mail List to stay abreast of OpenSpecimen developments at Johns Hopkins: Subscribe
To see a summary of OpenSpecimen statistics and users at Johns Hopkins, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions