Research Participant Satisfaction Survey
In July 2016, we randomly selected 500 participants from the Clinical Research Management Services list to receive a survey by email if they were involved in a research study at Johns Hopkins within the last 6 months. This survey will be administered semi-yearly.
- What is your overall experience in a research study?
- Would you recommend joining a research study to your family and friends?
- What are your reasons for joining a study?
- Did the informed consent form prepare you for what to expect during the study?
- Did the information and discussions you had before participating in the research study prepare you for your experience in the study?
- How satisfied were you with the research team?
- How satisfied were you with research process?
- What things that would be important for participants in a future study?
Sept 2017 (Conducted by Research America to determine the factors that contribute to a lack of minority participation in clinical trials.)
The survey was adapted from Kost et al Clin Trans Sci 2014 Dec;7(6):430-40. Any publication including mention of the use of the Instruments shall include appropriate reference to their origin or citation when available, and acknowledgement of grant number UL1 TR000043 as follows: “Supported in part by grant # UL1 TR000043 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) program.”