Research Participant Advocacy Program
The Research Participant Advocacy Program offers consulting expertise on human subjects and regulatory issues, IRB applications, the informed consent process, study feasibility and good clinical practice (GCP).
Our advocates serve as a resource to research teams and research participants by reviewing applications to the Clinical Research Unit to assure high standards for human subjects protections. Contact our team to review consent forms, protocol or data and safety monitoring plans.
Advocates Are Available to Provide
- Information on how to administer the best consent
- Help with Good Clinical Practice (GCP’s)
- Assistance on how to report an unanticipated study event
- Guidance with assembling a Data Safety Monitoring Plan
- A resource to volunteers
Study teams may also request an independent witness to the consent process, to serve on the volunteers’ behalf in the case of a misunderstanding between the volunteer and study team, or to provide information about research in general or a specific protocol.
- Parking Options (print pdf)
- Volunteer Appreciation Stickers and Pins Program (print pdf)
- Visit our Research Participant Appreciation Banner in the Broadway Adult Outpatient Clinical Research Unit (CRU) in located on the third floor of the Carnegie Building
Liz Martinez, RN, BSN, CCRC
Frederick W. Luthardt, DBe, MA