Informatics Core (i2C)
The Informatics Core (i2C) provides training, guidance, services and software systems to support clinical investigation at Johns Hopkins. By using CTSA funds to leverage institutional resources to provide for these needs as identified by investigators and the committee, the entire research enterprise is benefiting through both the improvement of existing resources and the creation of new, enterprise-wide tools.
- Use the Qualtrics Survey Tool for Research
- Create a Research Database with REDCap
- Access EMR Data for Research including cohort discovery with the Core for Clinical Research Data Acquisition (CCDA)
- Leverage a Database to Support Research Billing and link to Epic with the Clinical Research Management System (CRMS)
- Gain Professional Development and learn best practices from the Data Management Advisory Board
- Contact the PACE team for a customized Epic build to enhance your Clinical Research
- Search a Directory of Researchers at Johns Hopkins via PURE Elsevier (formerly SCIVAL/JHU Experts Research Profiles)
- Request a platform for Secure Analysis of Data (SAFE– Secure Analytic Framework Environment)
- Manage and Track Biospecimens with OpenSpecimen
Click the links below to learn more:
Core for Clinical Research Data Acquisition (CCDA)
The Core for Clinical Research Data Acquisition (CCDA) assists researchers with accessing clinical data for research purposes.
Clinical Research Management System (CRMS)
CRMS is a web-based tool designed to organize and streamline clinical research management.
Epic Star Data Warehouse
The Star Data Warehouse is an analytical healthcare database that brings together Epic and non-Epic data.
Program to Accelerate Clinical Research Using EPIC (PACE)
PACE was established to help clinical researchers take full advantage of tools within the EPIC Electronic Health Record system for their research projects.
Protection of Patient Data
Johns Hopkins has multiple IT policies regarding the protection of patient data.
OpenSpecimen (formerly caTissue) is a bio-bank management tool used to collect, manage, process, annotate and distribute bio-specimens and associated data to selected users.
REDCap is a mature, secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.
SAFE, the Secure Analytic Framework Environment (formerly called the Secure Data Desktop/SDD) is a virtual desktop.
What is Qualtrics? Qualtrics is the world’s leading enterprise survey company, used by 1,300 colleges and universities worldwide.
Research Data and Collection Storage (RDCS)
This service assists researchers with secure solutions for data collection outside of Epic. The most commonly provided service is REDCap.