The Clinical Research Informatics Core concentrates on identifying gaps in current research IT services within the Johns Hopkins environment and creating strategies for filling these gaps. By using CTSA funds to leverage institutional resources to provide for these needs as identified by investigators and the committee, the entire research enterprise is benefiting through both the improvement of existing resources and the creation of new, enterprise-wide tools.
- Use the Qualtrics Survey Tool for Research
- Create a Research Database with REDCap
- Access EMR Data for Research including cohort discovery with the Center for Clinical Data Analysis (CCDA)
- Leverage a Database to Support Research Billing and link to Epic with the Clinical Research Management System (CRMS)
- Gain Professional Development and learn best practices from the Data Management Advisory Board
- Contact the PACE team for a customized Epic build to enhance your Clinical Research
- Search a Directory of Researchers at Johns Hopkins via PURE Elsevier (formerly SCIVAL/JHU Experts Research Profiles)
- Request a platform for Secure Analysis of Data (SAFE– Secure Analytic Framework Environment)
- Manage and Track Biospecimens with OpenSpecimen
Click the links below to learn more:
Center for Clinical Data Analysis (CCDA)
The Center for Clinical Data Analysis (CCDA) assists researchers with accessing clinical data for research purposes.
Clinical Research Management System (CRMS)
CRMS is a web-based tool designed to organize and streamline clinical research management.
Epic Star Data Warehouse
The Star Data Warehouse is an analytical healthcare database that brings together Epic and non-Epic data.
Program to Accelerate Clinical Research Using EPIC (PACE)
PACE was established to help clinical researchers take full advantage of tools within the EPIC Electronic Health Record system for their research projects.
Protection of Patient Data
Johns Hopkins has multiple IT policies regarding the protection of patient data.
OpenSpecimen (formerly caTissue) is a bio-bank management tool used to collect, manage, process, annotate and distribute bio-specimens and associated data to selected users.
REDCap is a mature, secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases.
SAFE, the Secure Analytic Framework Environment (formerly called the Secure Data Desktop/SDD) is a virtual desktop.
What is Qualtrics? Qualtrics is the world’s leading enterprise survey company, used by 1,300 colleges and universities worldwide.