OpenSpecimen is a Biospecimen Information Management System that is a scalable solution for a biorepository which meets the needs of a broad group of investigators and biobanks.
At Johns Hopkins, OpenSpecimen is currently used in multiple departments, including several Precision Medicine Centers of Excellence (PMCOE).
What We Offer
- Annotation of research and clinical data
- Specimen Information Interfaced with Precision Medicine
- Query capability
- Specimen and Derivative Tracking
- Specimen Event Tracking
- Epic Patient Lookup-Enabled
- Bulk Load Capability for Legacy Data
- Security (Enterprise Servers/JHED Login)
- Open Source with strong user community
- Extensible Architecture for Future Interfaces
- Considered a “Tier A” best practice for storing biospecimen metadata including PHI by the Data Trust’s Research Sub-council
- Support from the ICTR
OpenSpecimen Service Handout
If you are interested in using OpenSpecimen at Johns Hopkins, please contact Bob Lange at email@example.com.