Reminder: 2016 Omnibus Grant
Posted by: Crystal Williams on: August 24, 2016 | Print This Page
First application deadline: Sept. 6, 2016
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) invites small businesses to apply for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) 2016 Omnibus Solicitation. The first application deadline is Sept. 6, 2016, 5:00 p.m. local time.
SBIR and STTR Omnibus Solicitations are designed to support small business innovation research in a range of topics. Applications may address any stage of translation, from target validation through pre-clinical and clinical evaluation, to intervention implementation and dissemination. NCATS is particularly interested in receiving applications focused on specific research priorities for technology development, across these four categories:
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Diagnostics and Devices
- Bioinformatics/Information Technology
- Clinical Research
Benefits of Applying:
- Funding is stable, predictable and not a loan
- Capital is non-dilutive
- Small businesses retain intellectual property rights
- NIH’s rigorous peer-review provides recognition, validation and visibility to early-stage companies
- Prestige associated with the award can help attract more funding or support (e.g., venture capital, strategic partner)
Tips for Applying:
- Clear all administrative requirements: Make sure your small business meets all eligibility requirements. If you are eligible to certify as a Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), make sure you obtain the WOSB designation, and stream our recent webinar to learn more about the benefits of NCATS SBIR and STTR funding.
- Build and submit a strong application: Follow the SBIR/STTR Application Guide to ensure proper grant application content and format.
- Submit before the deadline: Don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application. Plan ahead to ensure your application moves forward successfully and reduce last-minute submission stress.
Questions? Applicants are encouraged to email NCATS-SBIRSTTR@mail.nih.gov to discuss potential project ideas and related questions.