Get Ready for the Epic Upgrade in February
Posted by: Crystal Williams on: January 25, 2019 | Print This Page
2018 RESEARCH EPIC UPGRADE TRAINING GUIDE
The Epic Upgrade begins at 2:30 a.m. on Feb. 10 and should be back-up and available to users by 4:30 a.m.
On February 10, every Johns Hopkins Medicine facility that uses Epic will upgrade to Epic Aug2018, which will result in significant enhancements. Feedback from Epic users throughout the enterprise has been instrumental in incorporating new features and functionality across all clinical specialties, including:
- A new home activity to help nurses and technicians better plan their days
- Anatomic Pathology at JHH, JHBMC, & HCGH will go live with Beaker
- Clinicians will be able to document and review LDAs on an avatar
- Better support in Epic for Trans, Intersex, and Nonbinary patients
- A newly revamped Notes Activity that offers enhanced Sorting, Toolbars, Color Scheme, and Note Cards to give clinicians a streamlined, more intuitive way to review and document patient notes.
- Redesigned Chart Search now finds documents retrieved from other organizations via Care Everywhere.
- Single Screen Disposition: ED Providers can apply a SmartSet to quickly add disposition, patient instructions, medications, follow-ups, and procedure orders they commonly use for a discharge.
- Ambulatory: Widescreen view now enabled by default for Outpatient encounters which allows clinicians to save clicks and reduce scrolling.
- JHBMC Inpatient nurses will go live with a new handheld app (Rover) for iOS/Android devices to use to complete common Epic workflows on the go.
To see additional enhancements by clinical specialty, please visit the Upgrade section of the Epic Training Portal.