Center of Excellence Analytics in Medicine Program (CAMP) Now Accepting Applications
Posted by: Crystal Williams on: June 4, 2018 | Print This Page
The Center of Excellence (COE) Analytics in Medicine Program (CAMP) trains participants in the Johns Hopkins Precision Medicine Analytics Platform (PMAP) and is hosted by the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR), Technology Innovation Center, inHealth Initiative, and Division of Health Sciences Informatics (DHSI).
The Center of Excellence Analytics in Medicine Program is a Johns Hopkins initiative to accelerate biomedical research by combing EMR, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, and genomics onto a cloud-based big data platform.
In this 12-week preparatory course, participants will learn how to significantly improve their data collection methods and leverage machine learning algorithms in order to exit the program with a concrete data projection that includes a draft proposal for IRB and a data management plan.
CAMP is open to all research teams who are interested in applying to create a Precision Medicine Center of Excellence (PMCOE). Ten teams will be accepted into the program with 2-4 participants in each team.
2018 Program Timeline:
- Applications Close: July 27, 2018
- Cohort Announced: August 17, 2018
- Program Begins: September 17, 2018
- Final Event: December 13, 2018
$3,000 per research team which may be covered by a sponsoring department or through other means. We cannot accept tuition remission at this time.
Skill Building Topics:
- Precision Medicine Analytics Platform
- Grant Writing, IRB, & Data Trust
- JH Resource Partners & Epic Data Sources
- Deep Learning for Medical Imaging
- Genomics EMR Integration
- Physiological Monitoring & Wearables
- Natural Language Processing
- SQL & Data Projection
- Jupyter Notebook
- & More…
Participants Include Research Teams Who:
- Are led by a Clinical Researcher who is faculty at Johns Hopkins
- Are available for mid-day Monday sessions on the Johns Hopkins Hospital Campus
- Have a prospective grant to fund a research project
- Has interest in utilizing PMAP in a grant application
- Is interested in applying for a PMCOE
Please complete the online application which includes a Commitment Contract that outlines your commitment to attend at least 75% of the weekly programming sessions. Receive a signature on that contract from your department head and submit it with your application.
All applications must be submitted by Friday, July 27 at 5 P.M. EST.
For more information about the program and to see application requirements, please email PMCOECAMP@jhmi.edu.