Apply for the NCATS 2018 Omnibus Grant
Posted by: Crystal Williams on: February 21, 2018 | Print This Page
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites small business representatives to apply for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) 2018 Omnibus Grant Solicitation. The next application deadline is April 5, 2018, 5:00 p.m. local time for the following two opportunities:
Applicants to NCATS may address a range of its research priorities relevant to any stage of translational science, from target validation through pre-clinical and clinical evaluation, to intervention implementation and dissemination, including:
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Biomedical, Clinical and Health Research Informatics
- Clinical, Dissemination and Implementation Research
Benefits of Applying:
- Funding is stable, predictable and not a loan
- Capital is non-dilutive
- Small businesses retain intellectual property rights
- NIH’s rigorous peer-review provides recognition, validation and visibility to early-stage companies
- Prestige associated with these awards can help attract more funding or other support (e.g., venture capital, strategic partners)
Tips for Applying:
- Clear all registration requirements: Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and complete all required registrations prior to submission. Register your small business with Grants.gov, SAM.gov and the NIH eRA Commons as soon as possible. Principal Investigators must also individually register with NIH eRA Commons. Those eligible to certify as a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) should obtain the WOSB designation.
- Build and submit a strong application: Follow the SBIR/STTR Application Guide to ensure proper grant application content and format.
- Submit before the deadline: Plan ahead to help ensure your application moves forward successfully.
Questions? NCATS encourages applicants to email NCATS-SBIRSTTR@mail.nih.gov.