Application Deadline: Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Program
The Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Program is milestone-driven and provides up to $50,000 in direct costs over twelve months for faculty conducting translational research projects. Grants may not be used for faculty salary, with the exception of Research Associate support.
Johns Hopkins University faculty members interested in funding for a new or ongoing translational project may be eligible to apply*.
Proposals submitted for consideration must satisfy the following requirements:
• Focused on the translation of laboratory and/or clinical research into new interventions that can be brought to patients within 3 to 5 years
• Able to be completed within 12 months
Collaborative projects that include University of Maryland/University of Maryland ICTR (UMB/UMB ICTR) and JHU translational scientists will be prioritized.
Applications featuring the following are strongly encouraged:
• New research teams which were built to promote cross-disciplinary collaborations.
• The participation of junior investigators (i.e. assistant professor) or more experienced faculty in a new area of research.
The RFA, program FAQ, instructions and all required templates follow:
• RFAAND who were NOT AWARDED are ineligible to apply to ATIP with the SAME APPLICATION. However, submission of a substantially different proposal is permitted.]
PLEASE NOTE: If selected for funding, applicants whose pilots involve human subject’s research and/or vertebrate animal work must first obtain the appropriate regulatory approvals, including submission of a Request for Prior Approval to NCATS, before being permitted to access their grant funds and begin working. The funding period will not be extended to accommodate delays in securing any required approvals. The ICTR Research Navigators will provide guidance and support to teams throughout this process. Please see Appendix 12-Common Regulatory Approvals and Requirements Associated with ATIP Supported Studies section of this RFA for additional information.
Please review the RFA for a complete description of the funding requirements for this program.
For questions and more information, email the Navigators at ICTR_Navigators@jhmi.edu.