- This event has passed.
Rare Disease Day at NIH
February 28, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This year’s event will feature interactive panel discussions and more:
- Shortening the diagnostic odyssey.
- Individualized therapies and personalized medicine.
- Expanding and improving access to rare diseases knowledge.
- Inspiring stories through TED-style talks.
- NIH Town Hall question and answer session.
- NIH clinical trial resources.
- Posters and exhibits by rare disease groups and researchers.
- Artwork and tours of the NIH Clinical Center and the National Library of Medicine.
Admission is free, and the event is open to the public, including patients, patient advocates, health care providers, researchers, industry representatives and government employees. In association with Global Genes®, participants are encouraged to wear their favorite pair of jeans.
Please note that participants may be photographed or filmed as part of the event for use by the NIH and its designees for all purposes of education, instruction or public information including publication or broadcast, print, television, radio, the internet or promotional material. If you do not wish to be photographed, please indicate so on your registration form.