- This event has passed.
National Cancer Institute Institute (NCI) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Grant Information Session
September 11, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are a critical source of non-dilutive financing for early stage companies. The National Cancer Institute’s SBIR Development Center provides funding, networking, and mentoring support for small businesses developing innovative cancer technologies.
On September 11th, join NCI SBIR Development Center staff at Johns Hopkins Hospital for an in-depth information session on funding and commercialization opportunities available at NCI SBIR. The invited speakers will cover topics including:
- Overview of SBIR/STTR eligibility requirements
- NIH SBIR/STTR process and new cancer-focused funding opportunities from NCI
- NCI SBIR/STTR initiatives such as I-Corps at NIH entrepreneurship training program
- NCI Investor Initiative to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors and strategic partners from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
- Practical strategies on how to submit competitive funding applications.
Prior to the presentations, selected companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with directors. To be considered for a one-on-one meeting, please contact Alina Predescu at email@example.com by September 9th with your name, company name, and a one-page executive summary of your technology.