- This event has passed.
Division of Health Sciences Informatics & University of Maryland Baltimore ICTR (UMB ICTR) Seminar
February 14, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:45 pm
Another Recall? Data Science Applications for Medical Devices
Friday, February 14 from 12:30 – 1:45 pm, speaker Fadia T. Shaya PhD MPH, will discuss innovations in systems to generate data on the safety and effectiveness of medical devices.
- Describe the ecosystem and current sources and flow of data on medical devices
- List different categories of medical devices
- Articulate the interoperability challenges in the current data on medical devices
- Describe the concept of the clinical scenario to generate data on medical devices
- Identify two elements of the platform-based interoperable systems of medical devices
Lunch will be provided. To RSVP, contact Stacey Szczypinski at email@example.com.
Dr. Shaya is a tenured Professor at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and the School of Medicine, and Director of the Center on Drugs and Public Policy; she also leads the Informatics Core at the University of Maryland ICTR and is heavily involved in the informatics interactions between Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland, and in work with the FDA Center on Devices and Radiological Health and the Medical Device Epidemiology Network.