Research Participant Advocate
Research Participant Advocates:
- Serve as a resource to volunteers. Contact us for an independent witness to the consent process, to serve on the volunteers behalf in the case of a misunderstanding between the volunteer and study team, or to provide information about research in general or a specific protocol.
- Provide consulting expertise on human subjects and regulatory issues, including IRB applications, the informed consent process, study feasibility and Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Contact us for quick expert help.
- Review applications to the Clinical Research Unit to assure high standards for Human Subjects Protections. Call us to review your consent form, protocol or data and safety monitoring plan. Let us help you to prepare the best possible research plan.
- Serve as a training resource to investigators and their staff. Want to know how to administer the best consent? Do you need help with Good Clinical Practice (GCP’s)? Do you need to know how to report an unanticipated study event? Do you have to assemble a Data Safety Monitoring Plan and don’t know how to do it? The RPAs can help you with these and more.
- Develop programs to improve the research experience for volunteers
- Parking Options (print pdf)
- Volunteer Appreciation Stickers and Pins Program (print pdf)
- Visit our Research Participant Appreciation Banner in the Broadway Adult Outpatient Clinical Research Unit (CRU) in located on the third floor of the Carnegie Building