The JHM Office of Human Subjects Research is offering an intensive program to orient investigators and study-team members to the basic workings of the JHM IRB. In this program, IRB experts will explain fundamental considerations for preparing and submitting an application to conduct Human Subjects Research at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and School of Nursing. The session will be held in the West Room of the Turner Building.
The agenda includes:
• Essentials of the JHM IRB’s structure and operations
• An overview of IRB help and other resources for investigators
• eIRB How-To Basics: from concept to application
• Investigator Expectations and Responsibilities
• An “Ask the IRB” Q&A experts panel
The program’s objectives are for JHM investigators to:
• Develop a familiarity with the JHM IRB operations review and application processes
• Acquire useful approaches to protocol and informed consent form construction
• Gain confidence to undertake human subjects research at Johns Hopkins University
• Understand the central responsibilities of principal investigators
Please note there is a registration capacity of 40.
For registration information, go to the MyLearning Catalog under the IRB tab, choose “Instructor Led Courses” and then select “Investigator Training Boot Camp” or just search the catalog for “Boot Camp.”